Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blog Post - How does the WS reading pertain to P#3

How does the WS reading pertain to the final paper for this class? 

Basically it reminds the reader about the types of essays we have already written and gives guidance for the final essay. 

Our final essay will be of the argumentative model.  It requires the writer to choose a subject and voice an opinion and then expand on the opinion - remembering all along that it is an opinion and not a fact.  It also requires a clear thesis statement, something that we learned in paper #2.  This will be different from the first two papers in that as an argument piece we will have to have some sort of evidence to back up statements.  It should prove to be an interesting exercise for me as I am not good at all in a debate or argument - yes I know I won't actually be arguing with someone, just trying to present an intelligent and well thought out report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment