This post examines the differences in the writings of Malcolm X, Mike Rose, Feross Aboukhadiejeh, Joshua Romero and Cate Huston.
Romero wrote about a issue he had and the processes he went thru to remove it from his life. His article was written in manner that I felt would be best suited for a news magazine article. It informed and explained with a few links provided for the reader to investigate further. I would say this was a persuasive article.
Aboukhadiejah wrote about something he accomplished. The article took the reader from the beginning of his journey of developing websites to when he wrote the article. He provided lots of graphics and links for readers. His writing was an informative article.
Cate Huston wrote about learning to love to travel solo. This was an informational article.
Mike Roses writing was very entertaining. I liked how he was able to tell his story in such an entertaining and funny way.
Malcolm X 's writing on the other hand I would say would qualify for more than one purpose. While his writing was informative - he told the reader how he loved to read and its importance in his life, I also felt that he was arguing his point in many parts of his essay.
This was a good exercise for me. After reading the WS and rereading some of the above writings it is more clear about what my goal is for my first essay.
No comments:
Post a Comment