Monday, October 7, 2013

Pattys Post on “How I Learned to Love Traveling Solo”


 

So on this one I am to comment on the article as it relates to the first unit – both as an Educational Narrative and as a blog. 

As an Educational Narrative it was not one of my favorites.  The one I enjoyed reading the most was the writings of Mike Rose.  It was very easy to read and to take that imaginary journey with the writer.  This one by Cate Huston was purely informational and as someone who has done a little traveling I found myself focusing too much on what she was writing about and not how she wrote it.  The second time I read it I compared it to the other articles I read and what the similarities and differences were.  There were differences but no similarities besides that she was writing about something she learned to love.   Differences – I did not think that this article followed a timeline of any kind.  In all of the other readings the writer led the reader thru a timeline of their educational experience. 

On the other hand, as a blog post I thought this article was great.  She explained the topic and then had several sub- topics that she went on to detail.  Each section had a bullet heading so that the reader could see what that particular paragraph would be covering.  

As a possible format for my first paper, I think I will pass on this one but I will keep it for use in upcoming blog posts (maybe).

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment